Nutrition Month

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Niacin for raising HDL

Benefits Of Niacin



The benefits of niacin include improved circulation, lowered cholesterol, healthy skin, prevention of diabetes, and treatment for osteoarthritis.

Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is naturally produced in the body and is found in many of the foods we eat. These include meats, tuna fish, poultry products, eggs, peanuts, vegetables, cheeses, potatoes, oats, brown rice, barley, wheat flakes and milk. Also rich in vitamin B3 are foods such as cereals and breads therefore they improve the benefits of niacin.

Niacin and Circulation

Histamine which niacin helps to produce is a compound that is capable of dilating blood vessels, which in turn improves circulation. This helps blood to circulate to the hands, feet and all parts of the body, which helps to prevent atherosclerosis or what is sometimes called hardening of the arteries. An additional effect of this benefit of niacin is reducing the risk of heart attack or other vascular diseases.

Niacin Lowers Cholesterol Levels

In spite of the many different cholesterol medications on the market one of the best benefits of Niacin is the lowering low-density lipoprotein or LDL cholesterol as well as triglyceride levels. In addition to lowering LDL, the bad cholesterol, B3 or niacin increases the good cholesterol HDL or high-density lipoprotein levels. The HDL levels can be increased by as much as 15 to 35 percent, which is more significant than the 5 to 25 percent lowering of the LDL, which is still impressive nonetheless. If you have had a heart attack studies have shown that taking cholesterol-lowering drugs in combination with niacin can decrease the likelihood of a second heart attack.

Healthy Skin and Niacin

Niacin can help keep skin healthy and is used for a variety of skin problems, including inflammation, acne, rosacea, dull skin tone and sagging skin. Regular use can help reduce these problems. Niacin also helps the skin with moisture retention and aids skin’s elasticity and tone. You can use supplements but to increase the benefits of niacin on your skin, eat fish, meats, grains and green vegetables or other foods high in vitamin B3.

Niacin Helps Prevent Diabetes

There us evidence that niacinamide a substance contained in niacin may help delay the onset of insulin dependence for type 1 diabetics. There have been studies performed on animals in which have shown niacinamide can improve the effectivity of drug treatments that are used for diabetes.

Type 2 diabetes is another story. This can cause higher levels of cholesterol and fats in the bloodstream. Niacin along with other medications can lower these however niacin may also raise blood sugar that can result in hyperglycemia. This can be very dangerous for someone with diabetes. Therefor you should only take niacin for diabetes as directed by your physician.

Osteoarthritis and Niacin

Niacinamide has been found to increase joint mobility. Also Niacin can reduce joint and muscle fatigue along with increasing muscle strength. Therefore vitamin B3 has been successfully used to treat osteoarthritis. If high doses are taken the benefits of niacin can be seen in around three to four months. The anti-inflammatory effects of niacin have been proven to be effective in treating rheumatoid arthritis. Taking vitamin B3 has also shown to rebuild worn out cartilage in arthritis sufferers.

Other Benefits of Niacin

In addition to those discussed above there are many other claimed niacin benefits, however they have not all been fully established. These include the following:

Treating Alcoholism

Decreasing the risk of cataracts

Mental Confusion

Promoting relaxation

Preventing Migraines

Production of adrenal hormones

Crohn Disease

Production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach

Treating depression

Lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease

Preventing motion sickness

Production of sex hormones

Treating Schizophrenic symptoms

Treatment for peripheral artery disease (PAD)

As you can see there benefits of niacin are numerous. However as with any type of vitamin or supplement you should consult with your doctor or medical professional prior to taking these on your own accord.

If you try to take niacin on your own—without your doctor’s supervision—you may take an ineffective dosage, or even a dangerous dosage. Or you may experience troublesome side effects that could be managed easily if you had the right information.

FDA Disclaimer

The statements and products shown on this website have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration.

These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Those seeking treatment for a specific disease should consult a qualified integrative physician prior to using our products if possible.




4 comments:

  1. I am deeply concerned about the still increase in population of people living with HSV, HIV, CANCERS, HEPATITIS, STROKES in our society today because of ignorance, to be Frank all this big names are grammars. I saw comments of people DR UTU helped get rid of their diseases, with the increase in population of people living with various diseases and myself as a beneficiary to DR UTU traditional cure I thought I too should reach the world via comment. Many People believed traditional herbs are so primitive and some are even shy to purchase it in public. Some went as far as trashing the legendary name of herbal medicine hiding its numerous advantages and let publicly it disadvantage and yet makes it look big, all this are just for pharmaceutical gain. All pharmaceutical cure are derived from existing traditional herbal cure from ages.
    Yes! I'm here to tell the world the actual FACT! which is; there is herbal cure for herpes, Ebola, HIV, cancers, hepatitis, ulcers, asthma, pile, diabetes and many big names of diseases. all my career I've lived my life believing and making research on this, till I confirmed it four years ago. Since four years ago and till today I still say yes! That among many real traditional herbalist Dr Nze Utu Njoku @ (drutuherbalcure) cures this diseases using African traditional herbs. After he cured me four years ago of genital herpes, ever since then I worked with him distance never a barrier, I'm a living witness to this. And I have directed both genital and oral herpes patients to him and they are permanently cured. I'm Ethan Oliver from Australia and also a herbal dealer and lover. I'm also a researcher on herbs for good health. Which also include Africa traditional herbal treatment, I support Herbal treatment, cure and vaccines. My view is based on my extensive research over a very long period of time, and my conclusion is, there is cure to all natural diseases including HSV, HIV, CANCERS, DIABETES, using the right medications with the right herbalist. Are you herpes positive and permanently want get rid of this disease or any of this big name diseases don't be scared to save yourself, contact Dr Utu for permanent herbal cure. Be bold and smart Don't be fooled by selfish people who say, cure is impossible.
    Dr UTU e-mail , 'drutuherbalcure@gmail.com'

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you the Dr. Abang, the great and powerful herbalist and to the glory of God the Almighty for sparing my life ...I'm I'm from Alaska, United State. It's so hard to have being in bondage of such a bad a deathly virus like HERPES, after 5 years of diagnosed . My life was full with with sorrows,pains and regret to have trusted my ex boyfriend that much who put me into this mess and abandon me for lots of women. I didn't believe the pharmacist who said I might not be cured permanent from the virus.I was making use of the Acyclovir tab 200mg 2tab every 6hours and fusitin cream 15grams and H5 POT. Permanganate add water Apply 2xaday. I tried so many other ways ways to get ride the herpes that have affected me this long, but but the sores keep reappearing. Luckily for me during my search for possible cures for herpes, I came across a lady who was cured by the most spiritual herbalist. From cancer. I quickly wrote down his mail Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com,we spoke and he guided me on the remedy to my cure. Then, I ordered for his cured and he prepared and sent it to through the DHL two weeks after I took In the medicine I felt more stronger, and was scared to go for the test, the doctor told me with assurance that have been cured.when I got there, I tested negative my breakthrough came real. His medicine are very affective,with no site effect and active immune booster. 100% sure for his cures now. I'm now free from herpes. Contact him to cure you from any problem,his a gifted herbalist he cures all virus and sickness. Including Hiv/Aids, Gonorrhea HPV, Diabetes , Cancer, Chancroid, Hepatitis Syphilis, increase in Spam count ,Infertility ,kidney stones week erection, and much more... Rush for your
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    Is the solution to your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been with the virus for 2 years when i was introduced by a blogger who also narrated Her story online on how she was cured by a herbal medication which was sent by doctor chala, am telling you today that my test results come out negative. Contact Dr chala on his email address dr.chalaherbalherhome@gmail.com or you can visit his website on http://drchalaherbalhome.godaddysites.com or https://mywa.link/dr.chalaherbalhome

    ReplyDelete