Nutrition Month

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Taking care of psoriasis from the inside out.

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease causing an overproduction of skin cells. This results in thickened patches of skin, which are red and scaly and often itchy and painful. The patches most commonly appear on the knees, elbows, scalp, hands, feet, back, fingernails and toenails.

Detoxify the bowels and liver to eliminate a possible overgrowth of Candida albicans or other microbes that may be infecting the body. To do that, be sure to drink plenty of water every day (usually 10 to 12 cups) and supplement with a high quality probiotic supplement.

One of the main gut problems in people with psoriasis appears to be faulty digestion of protein; this, in turn, creates excessive toxicity in the bowel, which weakens the gut lining and allows substances to intoxicate the rest of the body. This can lead to skin problems including psoriasis and other forms of inflammation. A digestive enzyme supplement taken with each main meal should also help. The body naturally produces proteolytic enzymes (which digest protein) but may not be producing enough, so taking a source of these may help.-Look out for a formula containing protease - the broad name for enzymes which digest protein.

Psoriasis is an immune-mediated disease, so it follows that fish oil—if it alters immune reactivity—could improve psoriasis.

Milk thistle stops the breakdown of substances that contribute to psoriasis. Some herbal practitioners suggest tea or tincture made with milk thistle to help alleviate the symptoms of psoriasis.

Lecithin: Lecithin is also considered a remarkable remedy for psoriasis. The patient may take six to nine lecithin capsules a day-two or three capsules before or after each meal. If taken in the form of granules, four tablespoonfuls may be taken daily for two months. The dosage may be reduced thereafter to two tablespoons.

Psorisias and Diet

If your body chemistry is too acid you must eat more alkaline foods to assist psoriasis treatment. You can test your acid/alkaline balance by using simple litmus paper. If your urine is under +7, you are too acid.

Balancing your diet - Acid/Alkaline

When food is metabolised by the body the end products are either acidic or alkaline. Acids are compounds of elements, which give away hydrogen ions, alkalines are compounds of elements which attract hydrogen ions. The body needs both acids and alkalines for its metabolism but we have more difficulty getting rid of acids than alkalines. It is therefore easy for an accumulation of excess acids to occur which can cause us to get rheumatism or skin problems such as psoriasis. To avoid this, aim for a diet which is 70% alkaline and 30% acid. One of the simplest ways to immediately create more alkalinity in your body is to drink so-called superfood powdered drinks. Choose a brand that contains ingredients with high alkaline values such as spinach, broccoli, carrot, wheatgrass, barley grass, chlorella, alfalfa and sprouted grain powders. Many of these ingredients are contained in Green cell Therapy.


Milk thistle, lactobacillus, and digestive enzymes are in Green cell therapy.


Other ingredients:

Wheat Grass juice powder, barley grass juice powder, chlorella, CoQ10, Carrot Juice Powder, Beet Juice Powder, Parsley Leaf Powder, Kale Juice Powder, Grape seed exract, Milk Thistle seed extract, Lycopene, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Quercetin, Dandelion Powder, Spinach Powder, Blue Green Algae, Bee Pollen Powder, Aloe Vera Powder, Flax Seed Powder, Lecithin, Green Tea Extract, Astralagus Powder, Royal Jelly, Brown Rice Powder, Lipase, Lactase, Amyalse, Protease, Bifidobacerium Longum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Rhamnonsus, Lactobacillus Acidophilus






Light, especially sunlight, has long been known to have healing powers, but it wasn't until the 1980's that science began discovering how specific wavelengths of light could have specific positive effects on human physiology, especially the skin. For instance, today narrowband light is used to treat several skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and vitiligo. And light therapy has also found its way into the cosmetic world as an effective method for skin rejuvenation. We have the Omnilux light. Using the Omnilux Plus combined with the Omnilux Revive offers an alternative to the current treatments for psoriasis without the side effects. Clinical studies show impressive reductions in erythema, surface area, and infiltration of plaque psoriasis when treated with Omnilux light therapy only over a 5 wk period.





Sexibalm contains Coconut oil and various essential oils beneficial for psoriasis. Can be used with the Omnilux light to aid penetration.

Tea Tree Oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is renowned for its special remedial properties and has been used by Australian Aborigines for hundreds of years. Apart from chewing on its leaves, the aborigines used it for treating many skin-ailments, such as burns, cuts, and psoriasis! This essential oil is steam-distilled from a tree native to Australia, and acts as an antiseptic, a mild anaesthetic and a disinfectant, thanks to a compound called ‘terpinen-4-ol’. It is so useful that tea-tree oil became standard issue for Australian soldiers during World War 2! It is also great for treating scalp-psoriasis, and can be mixed directly into the shampoo before every wash.

Lavender Oil is a firm favourite for many – it smells just like that perfume your terrifying elderly aunt uses, and it’s great for psoriasis! It is a species of mint that grows in the Mediterranean, and bears very recognisable purple flowers. The plant has anti-inflammatory compounds called linalool and linalyl aldehyde, and also acts as an antiseptic agent. In addition, the University of Maryland Medical Centre has published studies that have demonstrated the benefits of using lavender oil in controlling pain and limiting scaly skin patches.

Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.

Vitamin E oil, is a natural treatment for Psoriasis. Rubbing Vitamin E directly on the affected skin will help moisturize and heal the skin. This natural oil will also help prevent scarring.

Green tea is already well known to be a powerful anti-inflammatory agent with good astringent properties, which makes it a valuable ingredient in skin cleansers, toners and lotions. If it also "induces capsase 14 production", the missing link in psoriasis, it may be helpful to use a poultice of green tea on such lesions.

1 comment:

  1. THE STORY OF MY BREAKTHROUGH "
    Hi dear readers,
    Today,I would like to tell story of how I suffered from a 7 years bareness of FIBROID and how I was cured in less than a month by a Herbalist in Africa Dr.Akpu power
    First thing first, let me introduce myself. I'm LUCY HARDEN , 38 years, lives in Chicago .
    This is my story
    Many couples are faced with the issues not conceiving many years,after marriage and this sometimes puts a strain on the union.
    However,the patient ones are sometimes rewarded. i faced embarrassing questions from friends and family after marriage for years without a child
    Unknown to them that I was battling with fibroid that I have to removed before being able to conceive.
    Just when my husband decided to take me to a surgery for fibroids,after trying lots of medical prescription but nothing positive could show up. I was seriously looking for means and I thought about Herbs, when my friend Rose told me to try Dr. Akpu power herbal medicine as a power doctor that helped her cure her daughter from Herpes. Luckily for me during my search for my fibroid remedy,I came across a testimony of a lady who was born with HIV, that doctor Akpu helped cured and I was touched if I could have applied it might have work for me before now. This same Herbalist i was directed to some months ago by my friend who he cured his 18 years daughter from Herpes had been so powerful behind my knowledge.
    I told my husband about what I saw and he said I should contact him and try his medicine.
    When I copied the mail and wrote to him,we spoke and explained my problem to him. He said I shouldn't cry any more, I should testify to the world and those who mocked at my barrenness that I'm pregnant.
    I quickly requested for his Medicine , and he prepared and sent it for me with details of how to use.
    His medicine are very effective. And it also boosts up my immune system.
    I did as instructed and after a couple of months I went for the second test when I lost my habitat again,I thought I was fibroid positive again ,my husband took me to the hospital and my Dr. Confirmed me 3 weeks pregnant, Fibroid negative.
    That blows my mind!
    I had just conceive. I'm a mother of twice now. A boy and a girl.
    Please help me praise God for opening my eyes to see who directed me to Dr.Akpu power of Africa.
    You should contact him his live at his home or @
    Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com
    Phone no(WhatsApp): +234 8079594617
    He had successfully cured people from
    HIV/AIDS,
    Herpes
    Cancers
    Fibroid
    Epilepsy
    Diabetes
    Pile
    Kidney/liver failure
    Stroke
    Poison/ cartridge infection
    Try as much as you can contact this man,for cure or information to your health challenges.
    Dr.Akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com
    Don't forget

    ReplyDelete